Daniel T. Larose
(Central Connecticut State University)
Select a file and click open to view:
Chapter 5: Probability
Chapter 9: Hypothesis Testing
For questions or problems with the content, please contact Technical Support at 800-936-6899.
Try Sapling Intro Stats at no cost to students through Spring 2018!
Every problem counts!
Sapling Intro Stats is an online, user-friendly instructional homework system created and supported by educators. Each question includes detailed, wrong answer feedback that targets students' misconceptions, as well as fully-worked out solutions to reinforce
concepts. In short, it is homework that teaches.
Sapling Intro Stats includes the following features:
Error-specific feedback: Every question becomes a teaching opportunity, addressing (correcting) students’ misconceptions.
Full, detailed solutions with every question: Every question includes fully worked out solutions to reinforce concepts.
Personalized Instructor Support: We match educators with a Sapling Learning Client Success Specialist—a Ph.D. or master’s-level subject expert—who provides collaboration, software expertise, and consulting to tailor each course to fit your instructional
A variety of question types to build conceptual and computational understanding:
- Step-by-step questions: guide students through the steps of conducting statistical procedures.
- Skill-builder questions: build skills in computing descriptive and test statistics.
- Conclusion or interpretation questions: develop students’ ability to interpret and make conclusions.
- Visualizations: bring statistics to life and allow students to interpret and manipulate various distributions.
Rich Library of Learning Aids:
- Statistical Applets: Students get hands-on opportunities to familiarize themselves with important statistical concepts and procedures, in an interactive setting that allows them to manipulate variables and see the results graphically
Technology Manuals (VTM): These popular videos guide students through their statistical software use. Available for Excel, SPSS, TI-83/84 calculators, JMP, Minitab, CrunchIt!, R Cmdr, and R.
- Math Review: This special content area provides practice
with algebraic concepts and skills.
Complimentary Statistical Software:
- CrunchIT!, Macmillan’s Web-based statistical program with a familiar Excel®-like interface helps users carry out the statistical operations and graphing needed for an introductory statistics course
and saves time when working with data.
Save money. Affordable, digital options on the Macmillan Learning Student Store
Support. Teaching. Learning. Connecting.