(University of California, Irvine)
David S. Moore
Select a file and click open to view:
For questions or problems with the content, please contact Technical Support at 800-936-6899.
Try SaplingPlus at no cost to students through Spring 2018!
SaplingPlus for The Practice of Statistics in the Life Sciences 4e provides students with a learning experience replete with text-specific resources and questions and powerful homework that teaches through meaningful hints, targeted feedback, and detailed
SaplingPlus includes the following features:
Error-specific feedback: Every question becomes a teaching opportunity, addressing (correcting) students’ misconceptions.
Full, detailed solutions with every question: Every question includes fully worked out solutions to reinforce concepts.
Personalized Instructor Support: We match educators with a Sapling Learning Client Success Specialist—a Ph.D. or master’s-level subject expert—who provides collaboration, software expertise, and consulting to tailor each course to fit your instructional
A variety of question types to build conceptual and computational understanding:
- Step-by-step questions: guide students through the steps of conducting statistical procedures.
- Skill-builder questions: build skills in computing descriptive and test statistics.
- Conclusion or interpretation questions: develop students’ ability to interpret and make conclusions.
- Visualizations: bring statistics to life and allow students to interpret and manipulate various distributions.
Rich Library of Learning Aids: - StatClips: Whiteboard tutorials that combine dynamic animation, data sets, and interesting scenarios to help students understand the concepts in an introductory statistics course.
- LearningCurve: Macmillan’s adaptive quizzing and personalized learning program that puts the concept of "testing to learn" into action
- Statistical Applets: Students get hands-on opportunities to familiarize themselves with important statistical concepts and procedures, in an interactive setting that allows them to manipulate variables and see the results graphically. - Video
Technology Manuals (VTM): These popular videos guide students through their statistical software use. Available for Excel, SPSS, TI-83/84 calculators, JMP, Minitab, CrunchIt!, R Cmdr, and R. - Math Review: This special content area provides practice
with algebraic concepts and skills.
Choice of complimentary Statistical Software:
- CrunchIT!, Macmillan’s Web-based statistical program with a familiar Excel®-like interface helps users carry out the statistical operations and graphing needed for an introductory statistics
course and saves time when working with data.
- JMP Student Edition (developed by SAS) is easy to learn and contains all the capabilities required for introductory statistics, business statistics, and statistics for the life sciences. Students
have two-year subscription to JMP Student Edition through SaplingPlus
Save money. Affordable, digital options on the Macmillan Learning Student Store
Support. Teaching. Learning. Connecting.