- Our Story
- Astronomy Biochemistry Biology Chemistry College Success Communication Economics Electrical Engineering English Environmental Science Geography Geology History Mathematics Mathematics: Calculus Music & Theater Nutrition and Health Philosophy & Religion Physics Political Science Psychology Sociology Statistics Value
- Contact Us
- Wireless iOLab unit communicates with USB dongle using 2.4GHz ISM band.
- Powered by 2xAA batteries.
- TI-MSP430F5329 microcontroller, TI CC2543 radio.
- Dongle communicates with PC/Mac via simple virtual comport interface (i.e. no special USB programming required).
- Individual sensors synchronized and read out in various predefined configurations.
- Up to 4.8 kHz sensor sampling.
- One dongle can synchronously read data from two iOLab remotes.
- Wireless range up to 100 feet. RSSI included in data.
- Size 30 mm x 75 mm x 130 mm, Weight: Remote 148 g (w/o batteries), Dongle 8g.
- 3D accelerometer (14 bit signed, 2/4/8g ranges, 1.56 800 Hz sample)
- 3D magnetometer (16 bit signed, 1000 uT range, 0.63 80 Hz sample
- 3D gyroscope (16 bit signed, measures ωX, ωY, ωZ, 250/500/2000 deg/sec ranges, 95 760 Hz sample rate)
- Rolls on 3 wheels along Y axis; optical encoder measures displacement velocity & acceleration, 1 mm/count, 100 Hz sample rate
- Force probe (Range ± 10 N parallel to Y axis, 12 bits)
- Light intensity sensor (12 bit, up to 4.8 kH)
- Atmospheric pressure sensor (0.15 kPa resolution, 1100 Hz sample)
- Temperature sensor (die temperature, w/ 400 Hz)
- Microphone (12 bit, 20 20kHz, up to 4.8 kHz Hz sample)
- Speaker/Buzzer (programmable pitch & duty cycle, 35Hz -8.4 kHz)
- EKG daughter board mates with header (3 or 6 differential channels + ground ref, each 12 bits, TI INA333 instrumentation amplifiers, up to 800 Hz samp
- DC coupled high gain differential amplifier, inputs on header, up to 4.8 kHz sampling.
- 6 analog input pins on header (sampled by 12 bit ADC)
- 6 digital I/O pins on
- DAC output on header (8 bit)
- Two pushbuttons (software read)
- Two tricolor LED's.
- FTDI interface on header (standard config)
- Over the air reprogramming of both sensor microcontrollers (i.e. no special hardware needed to redesign & modify the open source firmware.)
- Device designed to be opened; threaded metal bushings for all screws; easy to disassemble and reassemble.
A Primer for Analog Inputs & OutputsSee the Analog Guide
Take a Look Inside