Realistic biology and chemistry lab simulations offer an authentic experience that moves learning beyond the classroom. These lab simulations can be assigned as a hybrid solution to enhance in-lab learning or as a complete lab replacement.
Each lab comes complete with background information, procedures and a lab manual.
Our labs require students to select personal protective safety equipment, dispose of materials in a waste bin and place glassware in the sink for washing after completion of the experiment.
Lab Simulation Preview
View this video to see how our newest lab simulations will work.
What labs are available?
- Chemical Reaction Types and Their Equations
- Sample Lab/Introduction to the Virtual Lab
- Molar Volume of an Ideal Gas
- Mole to Mole Relationship between Cu and Ag
- Molar Mass of Magnesium
- Stoichiometry of an Acid-Base Reaction
- Decomposition of Malachite
- Stoichiometry of a Gas-Forming Reaction
- Stoichiometry by Loss of CO2
- Separating a Mixture of Compounds
- Laboratory Skills
- Titration of Strong and Weak Acids
- Titration Tutorial
- Standardization of an NaOH Solution
- Precipitation Titration of Cobalt Chloride
- Charles Law
- Boyles Law
- Avogadros Law
- Determination of Absolute Zero
- The Apparent Molecular Weight of Air
- Volume of Air as a Function of Temperature
- Density: A Characteristic Property
- Chemical Kinetics
- Spectrophotometric Analysis of Copper
- Quantitative Determination of Food Dyes in Powdered Drink Mixes
- Characteristic Properties: Melting and Boiling Points
- Chemical Enzymes
- Limiting Reactant and Excess Reactant
- Empirical Formula of a Hydrate
- Empirical Formula of Copper Oxide
- Conservation of Mass
- Alka Seltzer Strength
- pH Indicators
- Acids, Bases, and pH Buffers
- Qualitative Analysis of Group I Cations
- The Temperature Dependence of Salt Solubility
- Molecular Mass by Freezing Point Depression
- Flame Test
- Identifying Unknown Substance from Characteristic Properties
- Enthalpy Change of a Chemical Reaction
- Enthalpy Change for the Decomposition of Ammonium Chloride
- Introduction to the Virtual Lab
- Diffusion and Osmosis
- Expanded Diffusion and Osmosis
- Scientific Method
- Cell Structure and Function
- Basic Microscopy
- Mitosis and Meiosis
- Mammalian Tissues
- Plant Structure and Function
- Plant Reproduction
- Acids, Bases, & pH Buffers
- Biological Molecules
- Cellular Respiration
- Quantitative Analysis of Enzyme Activity
- PCR of 16s rRNA Gene
- Biology PCR
- Antibiotic Sensitivity
Lab Simulations FAQs
If you are interested in the HM Lab Simulations fill out this form to get started.
Eventually, yes, this list will be expanded. For now, though, we are just offering the topics above.
The lab Background and Procedures can be edited, but the Simulations themselves cannot be changed.
6 Months of Access
100+ Annual Enrollment Only
3-5 Labs Unlimited Labs Net Price $9.95 $24.95 $59.95 List Price $10.95 $27.95 $65.95
No, but you must have at least 100 students/year to use the 1-2 labs option.
Yes, that pricing above is just for doing the HM Lab Simulations, but we are happy to work with you on a larger solution that meets your needs including videos, interactives, electronic lab notebooks, e-Lab Manuals, assessment tools and more.
Schedule a Lab Solutions Demo
Have one of our experts show you how Lab Solutions works—and how it can work for you, your class, and your students.
Get Lab Solutions Help
The Macmillan Learning Support Team is available to help. We have articles to assist you 24-7. You can fill out a form with your question and email us or call us. And we have lots of resources and Getting Started guides, to help you get on your way with our Lab Solutions.
Ready to Get Started?
Talk to us about transforming your lab.